Note: this company appears to be out of business. The information below is an archive.
On 17 March 2001, these purveyors of scams and misinformation put out a press release heralding a new product called Better Lase. They claim using this topical preparation on the arms “improves the effectiveness of laser hair removal by more than 33%.”
Given that there is no published proof of this claim and given the disreputable business practices of the key players, I would urge all consumers to avoid Better Lase until there is published clinical data to back their claims.
- Address: 472 East 7th Street, #2L, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Telephone: (800) 336-6499 (214) 350-4471
- website: www.betterlase.com (not up as of 12 June 2001)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional contact information
- Address: KaleidoGrafix, P.O. Box 452033, Garland, TX 75045
- Phone/Fax: 800-757-2098
- Email email@example.com (Cathy A. Baker)
- Marissa Lee Copeland: (718) 788-1659 472 East 7th Street, #2L, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Names associated with this product
Judith Stephens: Owner of Stephens Manufacturing.
Evan Devon/Evan Denoff, M.D., Ph.D.: Listed as the person who formulated this product. The American Medical Association does not have a listing for a physician by either name.
Marissa Lee: Name listed as “clinic director” and as administrative contact for betterlase.com See Marissa Copeland.
Marissa Copeland: Assumed name used by Judith Stephens. Listed as name of resident at Better Lase Products address.
Cathey A. Baker: Listed as the technical contact and owner of Kaleidografix
Katherine Cook: Assumed name used by person at Kaleidografix running Kitty’s Consumer Beware