Coherent Star was a laser hair removal manufacturer formed from the merger of Coherent, Inc. and Star Medical in 1999. The company later changed their name to Coherent Medical Group.
In 2001, Lumenis was formed through merger of Coherent Medical Group and ESC/Sharplan
This information is for archival purposes. For the latest information, please see the Lumenis page.
- Coherent, Inc.
- 5100 Patrick Henry Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- 1249 Quarry Lane, Suite 100, Pleasanton, CA 94566
Star Medical Technologies was at one time an 80%-owned subsidiary of Palomar Medical Technologies. In 1999 Palomar sold Star to Coherent.
LightSheer™ Diode Laser System for Hair Removal
Features: The long pulse width is more effective and friendlier to the skin. A patented ChillTip™ handpiece.
The LightSheer comes in five different models:
- LightSheer SC — Low cost .
- LightSheer EC — higher fluence and higher coverage rate
- LightSheer XC — fastest in the LightSheer family, with the highest coverage rate and highest peak power.
- LightSheer SP — Compact
- LightSheer EP — Compact, with higher repetition rate and fluence.