- An ancient method, one of the few temporary methods still commonly performed professionally.
- Select this link for specifics on Sugaring.
- Hot wax is applied to the skin, and a strip of cloth or paper is pressed into the preparation. The strip is then quickly pulled away, taking hairs with it.
- Can be done at home
- Hairs can break off at or below surface
- Can be messy
- Consistency is difficult to get correct
- One must be careful to avoid infecting skin
- $25-$75 for home use kits; $20-$200 for professional waxing (based on areas treated)
Marketing terms and tactics:
- This method has been around for thousands of years, but in modern times, waxing has become more popular than sugaring.
- Many states require a cosmetologist or aesthetician’s license to do hair removal like waxing.