Reliable hair removal websites
The “A” List
- National Institute of Health (PubMed): Published medical articles on hair removal.
- Food and Drug Administration: The primary federal regulator of hair removal products.
- Electric tweezer reclassification
- Laser Facts
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (older overview from 1996– some information is outdated)
- Federal Trade Commission. It has limited hair removal information.
- American Association of Family Physicians: This trade group has published a brief but balanced handout on managing excessive hair (hirsutism).
- Shore Laser Center: Practitioner Albert Poet, M.D. has an excellent laser overview.
- laserhairremovalguide.com (now at consumerlaserguide.com)
- Waccamaw Dermatology: a balanced overview by a clinic offering laser hair removal.
- e-Laser Hair Removal has started a nice site with some good consumer tips.
- laserhairremovalreview.com. Sales site run by IPL/flashlamps Dr. Harvey Jay, who advocates IPL/flash lamps
- American Electrology Association: This trade group has an excellent electrolysis overview.
- International Hair Route: this trade magazine first-rate information, with a focus on electrolysis
- electrolysisreferral.com: A site with a good FAQ and directory, though the forum should be avoided.
For those of you going the other direction, here’s a couple of great sites about hair loss:
- BaldRUs.com: A baldness-acceptance site.
- Regrowth.com: Focuses on options for those who do not wish to accept their baldness.
Want to add or edit information? Send us an Email to register as an editor or sign up for a Professional Membership!