The ePen hair removal device sold by Verseo (formerly Elysse Electro) is a home-use version of the doubtful transdermal hair removal method. It sends energy through an electrified Q-Tip type of cotton swab. This device also comes with “conductive gel pads,” another gimmick with no published medical data indicating it can work. The unit retails for $59.95, with replacement gel/electrodes $19.95 each.
E-Pen should be avoided by all consumers.
This device has not shown any published clinical evidence it can work as claimed. It is currently being promoted heavily on television through direct-response commercials.
- Address: 110 W. 34th St #1106 New York, NY 10001
- Phone: 877-261-1570 or 212-629-7431
- Customer service: 562-948-1114. Oddly, this is also listed as customer service for a golf company (flatblade.com) and an Apollo Theatre merchandise store (itsshowtimeattheapollo.com).
- Fax: 212-629-7436
- websites: http://www.elyseeelectro.com and others (see below)
- email: [email protected] [email protected]
- The EasyTweeze is claimed to be “The painless solution (needle free*) for permanent hair removal.”
- “Clinical trials carried out by a leading, approved clinical research laboratory confirmed that 39% of hairs were reduced permanently over a 90-day period. Subjects were administered 24 treatments of 20 second duration– total treatment time of 5 minutes”
- “allows for the painless and permanent removal of the hair”
- “Will I achieve permanent hair removal? In a word, YES!”
- “EasyTweeze is the safe and painless way to permanent hair removal.”
- “The E-Pen is as effective as professional electrolysis or laser hair removal methods.”
- “E-Pen is the way to achieve permanent hair removal without damaging your skin or spending way too much money.”
- “The E-Pen actually penetrates the hair follicles with gentle pulses of electrical energy changing the structure and the ability of the follicle to grow hair.”
- “With these tips and your epen in hand you should be able to stop hair growth permanently.”